Sunday, November 7, 2010

Procrastination, the Genesis of all Creativity

Sooo, I guess I've started a blog. Does this make me a blogger? It seems rather pretentious to label oneself a blogger when you've written exactly 2.5 sentences. Hmmm... Sorry, I digress. To be clear, I have exactly zero idea what this blog will be about, except for the fact that it's going to include some reference to me. Unless you get tired of hearing about me. Then I'll talk about dogs. Or the weather. Or something. Whatever it takes to keep you reading, people!

In case for some inexplicable reason you managed to navigate to this site on your own, and not due to my nagging via twitter/facebook/gchat/phone calls/carrier pigeons/middle of the street assaults, I guess I could tell you a bit about myself. My name is Samantha and I'm a brown braided girl with thick thighs and full lips. (-_-) *If you didn't get that reference, shame on/good for you* I'm in my final year of law school at Georgetown University in D.C., but for some odd reason I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Oops. I have a bunch of really good friends, but no special guy in my life. I got dumped. Just shy of two years ago. Haven't been on a date since. You know, I thought that was gonna sound less sad typing than it does saying, but NOPE, still sounds remarkably lame. Whoomp whoomp.

I'm a little bitter, just a little bitter... *name that song!* Anywho, I'm working on my love life. Eh.

Let's see, what else. Oh, my hair. It's natural, it takes a lot of time to do, and I'm constantly fighting the urge to go at it with a hacksaw. Wait, I don't actually own a hacksaw. I don't even now the last time I've seen a hacksaw in real life. Nevermind.

Shoes! I like them. Own lots of them. But no gym shoes. Except for the ones I work out in. That's called "being on your grown woman status" in the hood. Or so I've heard. I'm not actually from the hood, so I really wouldn't know. I am from Detroit, though! I like clothes too, oh and nail polish ::drool::, so maybe I'll talk about that stuff sometimes as well.

I'm currently working on my fitness, trying to get it right, get it right, get it tight, so I'm sure I'll have much to say about that. I'm currently down 31 lbs, with 21lbs to go before my first goal weight. Yikes, it's so much more daunting seeing it written out than saying it out loud. Maybe I'll go console myself with a cookie... To help myself on this journey, I've given up wine (ask any law student, this is a big, HUGE, deal) and candy for the month of November. It's gonna be a long month.

I like to read, A LOT, I'm slightly an introvert, and I wear glasses. Oh, and I'm 6'0 tall so sometimes my pants flood. I tried out for Revenge of the Nerds, but they said I was too stereotypical. Darn.

Final thing- I procrastinate. Forreal. Antoine Dodson. So, don't be surprised if many of these posts start or end with "I should be reading but..." I promise I get my work done... most of the time.

S.

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to your posts Sam!!!! You are HI-LARIOUS.

    Also...along w/ starting blogs, all the cool kids are ALSO still trying to figure out what they want to do with their lives...lol, that would DEF include me TWO TIMES! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Sam! I look forward to reading more. Heck, you may even inspire me to start a blog...I've been told that I should (but enough about me)...I think you're off to a great start! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaay, thanks guys!!! I'll do my best to keep you entertained... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you better entertain or we the people shall let you know! :) j/k

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, and it makes me feel super special that people thought enough of what I wrote to drop a line or two. Thanks for making me smile... :)