Monday, January 17, 2011

Let's Talk About Weight

Being overweight is NOT fun. Not even a little. And even if you're lucky enough to carry your weight relatively equally, such that people can't tell just HOW overweight you are, it still sucks.

So with that said, I'm going to do something I never thought I'd do in my life. Ever. Like, not even a little. I am going to tell you how much I weigh. I feel you should know that my hands are literally shaking as I write this. But first, let's start off with how much I used to weigh. Back when I was really overweight. Back when I was living alone for the first time, adjusting to living in a new city, trying to figure out and hold on to a crappy relationship, and had my first taste of thousands of dollars in loan money at my disposal. Then? Way back then? At my heaviest, say around March 2009?

242 Lbs.

Guys, I seriously just gagged writing that. Do you know how heavy that is? Oh. Em. Gee. And I was TOTALLY in denial! Yeah, I've gained a little weight, but my stomach is still pretty flat. My body is so awesome like that. Ha! Right.

Picture Time!

Ignore my gorgeous sorority sister McKenzie to the left, and instead focus on me at my heaviest. Pay close attention to how my boobies are twice the size of my head. Niiiiiice.

So that was then. Thankfully, I'm no longer at that weight. After many moons of workouts and changed eating habits, I am now down to... dun duun duuuuun...

212 Lbs. (not including the 6 I gained over Christmas break when I did absolutely ZERO working out and ate anything I could get my hands on. No worries, I shall lose that expeditiously).

Pictures!







So this is me now. Thirty pounds lighter and mighty fine if I do say so myself.

But I'm not done yet. My goal weight is 190, and I'm counting on you guys to keep me motivated, because I'm co-dependent like that. Sweet.

So, what do you say? Are you up for listening to me whine about my disdain for working out and not eating delicious desserts and candy?

....

I'll take your silence as an enthusiastic yes.

6 comments:

  1. You know you always have a cheering section in me! [this also includes sweet sweet dance moves with the occasional money thrown at your head while you work out true Naija fashion.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Brother thinks you are awesome. Actual pounds aren't so important. Never get caught up in the numbers. Percentage of body fat is more important and overall just(healthily) trying to be in the best shape that your body will allow. You are also great motivation for me to get in better shape! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously seriously seriously need you in my life. I'm at that March 2009 point (mentally, not the weight) except I'm not in denial...I'm just unable to focus on it right now and scared that by the time I'm able...it'll be too late. Ddon't know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I'm SOOOO0000OO proud of you Sam!!!!! Keep up the great work sweetie, you're such an inspiration! You're GORGEOUS and I LOVE you forever, Front!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, you really do look great! Sticking to a regimen is hard (at least for me) I totally support you. Your current progress is a wonderful example of how far you've come. Keep doing what you're doing! You'll always be gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You GO GIRL!!! You look awesome! Know that it is surely possible to reach your goal. 4 years ago I was 206 now I'm down to 160. I still a few more pounds to lose and some toning to do but I love the new healthier me!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, and it makes me feel super special that people thought enough of what I wrote to drop a line or two. Thanks for making me smile... :)